This week’s Twitter #NYCTuesdayTourChat was on the topic of tour company best practices for marketing. Most participants emphasized how they find customers:
1. Keep an eye on changing trends.
2. Find the niche that will make your company stand out.
3. Create and conduct many kinds of tours, to appeal to the greatest number of people. Find out which get customers, and which flop.
4. Update your website often with the new tours that gain customers, and develop them further.
5. Use social media to the fullest extent you can, to reach the greatest number of people with little or no cost. Make posts as interesting as possible, so they’ll be reposted or retweeted to a far wider audience. Use all the pertinent keywords or hashtags that you can fit into each post. This will get you the widest number of views.
6. SEIZE THE DAY.